8th – 14th October 2017
I always thought while going down this journey that losing weight would be so much harder than trying to maintain it.
I have to admit that I would still love to lose weight and I still have another 3-4 stone to lose. It has actually been a year since I have lost any weight and it has not been without trying.
I have been at this stage many times in my life but never for a year. Normally after losing so much weight I always plateau. I get to the stage of not being able to lose anymore weight and then after a few months it goes back on again. On a few occasions it has sent me into a depression which has made matters so much worse.
Here I am a year on and I am still in that place. I am still eating healthy 80% of the time the other 20% are the stages that I really find hard and I slip for a short while.
I am still exercising too, some weeks are good. Last year my normal distance was 5k this year it’s 7k sometimes I even go further.
This week though has been particularly bad. I meet a group of ladies once a week. We all run together. I have always felt that I do ok. I am not the fastest but I am not the slowest either.
This week though I was so tired that I almost didn’t go. I thought it would do me good so I did go. During the run I was lagging behind so much that I held everybody up.
It was like I had lost my whole ability to run at all. I was out of breath, my legs were aching so much and my energy levels disappeared so quickly. I just couldn’t keep up at all
I haven’t really ached much after a run for a long time – probably ever since I did my half marathon. This time though I seemed to ache for days.
On this occasion it had the total opposite effect on me that I would have thought.
Instead of me thinking I have lost all my ability and end up going down the route of all the bad 20% of my eating habits, it made me more determined instead. I looked at it as a blip and I was happier I went even though I was aching.
16th – 22nd April 2017
This week has been a real struggle. I don’t know why, but I am struggling to get motivated to do anything.
I always seem to find things harder when the kids are off school, I think it is because my routine changes. With the kids off school this Easter, I have forgotten appointments, struggled to eat healthy and I have found it hard to go out training for my half marathon.
I have taken my training very seriously. I know if I don’t train there is no way I can do it. Even though I have struggled this week, I have still managed to go out running.
One thing I have noticed lately is that I seem to have slowed up a lot, things that I found easy all of a sudden now seem hard, I also feel like when I am running I have a big heavy weight on my back slowing me down.
I feel like I have led weights in my shoes too. I am managing to do the distances I want to achieve, but it seems to be taking so much more out of me than normal.
I am hoping that when the kids go back to school again next week I will start to find things a bit easier again. Until then I will have to continue struggling.
Saturday 23rd January 2016
The weight keeps coming off which I am really happy about. However today was a real struggle.
Matt and all the kids went out to watch the rugby today and left me in the house on my own. Usually I would think it was great a bit of peace and quiet, but today I needed them to keep my mind occupied because I felt really hungry. Instead I was very bored which I am sure added to the hunger.
By the end of the day even after dinner there was nothing that could get rid of my hunger at all except eat loads and I wasn’t going to do that. I got to the stage where I just couldn’t cope any more.
I went to bed hungry
No exercise today.
20st 9lbs. 0.9 lbs ⬇️. 10lbs⬇️total 😋🎂🍟🍔🍕🍨🍰🍩🍪
Thursday 7th January 2016
My husband Matt is very supportive and encouraging and without him I don’t think I could do it. He wants me to succeed and I don’t want to let him down.
21st 1.9lbs. 0.8lbs⬇️ 3.1lbs⬇️total